


You are all probably tired of reading about my triathlons but, since this is my blog you can read about my exciting and awesome experience today anyway. This Triathlon was scheduled to start at 8:00 am sharp at Ririe Resevoir. I found my directions online and we left by 6:30 am to make sure we arrived by 7:15 am. When we arrived at the spot I thought it was at - There Was No One around! We quickly asked a nearby camper if he knew if there was a different Ririe Resevoir and he explained that there is a back entrance off of Iona road in Idaho Falls (20 miles away). I seriously about CRAPPED my pants! It was 7:25 am and we had to go back into Idaho falls and then up the mountains to Blacktail Campgrounds. I figured there was no way to make it but thought we should find it and pick up my t-shirt anyway. When we pulled into the right spot it was 7:52 am. There was a chance to make the race. To make a long story short, As I was running trying to pull up my wetsuit about 50 feet from the start of the race and everyone lined up ready to go - The Whistle Blew - I was Dead Last at the beginning of the race. In fact, I had to gain 50 feet on anybody to even be close to being 2nd to last place. I made the race but it did not look like I would place at all. The swim went really good, I felt good and I went fast and I passed a lot of people. The Biking portion was murder one of the single hardest physical things I have every done- I hate riding up steep mountains! The run went well but I was extremely tired. They later told me that Blacktail triathlon is the hardest race in all of Utah and Idaho so I felt really good about finishing and Then I found out my results. I finished in the TOP TEN!!!!! 9th overall to be exact and I placed 4th in the 30-39 age divsion - 1 place out of the medals. I still have not come down from this excitment- what a day!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Blacktail Triathlon
Posted by Big Poppa at 7:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Wes, that is so dang awesome!! 9th Place -- Congratulations!! I heard you were speeding pretty fast to get to the right spot. :)
Post a Comment